|Course||Introduction to Photoshop|
|Difficulty level||Beginners and beyond|
|Total duration||10 hours|
|Group size||6 students max.|
Intro to Photoshop for Photographers
These Photoshop classes are designed to teach students how to edit their photographs from start to finish. From the initial editing of raw files to final preparation for printing, this Photoshop class will teach you all. Students will learn to use a variety of Photoshop features to retouch their images.
Adobe Photoshop CS6 is a versatile program that offers photographers a variety of advanced tools to edit and retouch their photos. Whether you want to add depth to your shadows or remove blemishes or lens flairs, Photoshop can do it all. When you’re ready to print, Photoshop gives you ultimate control throughout the process.
In this class, we will cover the basics of Photoshop CS6, as well as Bridge and Camera Raw. In these Photoshop classes we will cover the fundamentals of editing your photographs and printing them like a professional!
What you will learn in this course:
- Using Adobe Bridge
- Advantages of shooting raw versus JPEG files
- Editing raw files in Camera Raw
- Color correcting
- Using layers and layer masks
- Retouching photos using Spot Healing Brush and Clone Stamp tools
- Cropping images
- Preparing images for printing
Since this class is all about your computer, you must be computer savvy to have the best experience possible. If you are new to a Mac computer, or have yet to master it, we strongly recommend that you take Mac 101, which will make your Photoshop class easier to comprehend.
To make your learning experience enjoyable, we recommend using your personal laptops in class. PhotoUno can provide laptops for students who don’t have laptops.
PhotoUno is a photography school in NYC that offered students the opportunity to gain the skills necessary to achieve great looking images.
- Photography I: or clear understanding of Manual mode.
- A clear understanding of your Mac computer. Such as creating folders, naming and saving files, moving files (dragging and dropping), and using a flash drive. If you do not feel comfortable performing these actions please take a look at our Mac Basics for Photographers class.
Thursdays, from 6:30 p.m. until 8:30 p.m. in Midtown East.